Thursday 18 July 2013

Elephants don't need shoes

The other day my mum, my sister and I had our lunch outside in a small park in Germany. It was nothing fancy. Just some sandwich's. Caitlin actually had icecream. It must be nice being a child. Sometimes at least.

Next to us was a small enclosure and inside there were lots of little plastic chairs shaped like little elephants. There were pink ones, and blue ones, and green...

Very cute.

Caitlin wanted to go play with them, so she did, along side another little girl, who left shortly after Caitlin got there. Intimidated by her maybe. God knows Caitlin is a loud thing.

But a little while after I saw that little girl again, and she was being giving out to by her mother. She had lost her shoes and her mother was not happy. I can understand. I mean I know I'd be mad if I was tired out by looking after my kid, and all I wanted to do was go home, but couldn't cause my kid had lost her shoes. Of all the things to lose.

Turns out she'd left her shoes under one of the little elephant chairs. She had to climb over the enclosure to get them again while her mother watched exasperated.

I'm not sure why I just told this story. I guess I just thought it was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment