Tuesday 25 June 2013

The doctor (not the alien)

I went to the doctors today and one of my best friends came with me to keep me company. We waited about an hour in the waiting room (which isn't that bad really when you think about it) for about then minutes actually talking to him.

Typical.

In any case he was nice. He was new and I'd never been to see him before so I was fairly anxious. Which is funny because that's why I went to him in the first place.

Anyways, he asked me the usual questions to see how I was, etc etc. And at one point he asked me if I had a boyfriend or a girlfriend. I didn't really notice but my friend tells me that he didn't' even hesitate and like I said I didn't even notice it sounded so normal coming from his mouth.

This made my friend and I very happy. The fact that had I had a boyfriend or a girlfriend it made no difference to him, and it was all totally normal and unimportant.

It's all good I think. Or we're getting there in any case. Slowly to be sure, but we're still getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment