Monday 3 June 2013

Anxious for intelligence

I'm feeling more and more anxious and scared these days because at the end of the week I get my results for my exams. My entire year depends on the mark I receive in these exams.

Naturally I'm freaking out just a little bit. Just a lot.

It's getting to the point where if I think about it too much I start feeling nauseous. I actually feel physically ill. That's just joyful isn't it?

But it's terrible don't you think? The way that school and classes, and marks can have such an effect on people. As if marks are all that is important in life.

Marks do not in any way show a persons intelligence. An unsmart person can also test extremely well. This person is treated like an intelligent human being even though in reality this person is not really all that bright.
And in the same why a very smart person can not test well at all, and is then considered as an idiot even though they are not.

I just think it's sad how we base all our criteria for intelligence on marks.

Or maybe I just don't want to be considered as a stupid person even if I do fail. God I hope I don't fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment