Saturday 28 September 2013

Clare is a champion

My Irish side of the family is sport obsessed. Wait. Actually no so is my french side.

Ok so my entire family is sports obsessed. But the French side is mostly obsessed with kayaking whereas on the Irish side it's more like "Woo Rugby! Woo Hurling!", and whatnot.

Anyways so my family and I come from the magical county of Clare. And today Clare won the all Ireland championship (at least that's what I think it's called).

Everyone I know from Ireland pretty much went mental. And I'm just left standing here feeling pleased but quite bemused too.

I have no idea what we've won, how we've won, or why it's so special?

I suck at sports. I can't do sports and I can't follow it either. The only sport I can get mildly into is rugby (I'm not entirely sure why either), everything else is all the same to me.

But sshh don't tell my family they'll be angry with me...

Might as well celebrate anyway, I mean even if I'm completely lost and have not the slightest clue what going on, it's as good an excuse to be happy as anything else.

Up the banner?

No comments:

Post a Comment