Saturday 28 September 2013

Locking up

I moved in with one of my best friends this year, and we've been living together in our apartment for about a month now. This weekend she went home, and I didn't and so I spent my very first weekend alone in this apartment.

I was a lot more nervous than I thought I would be. In the day time it was fine, it wasn't that different than usual really, cause I could just imagine that my friend was in class or something.

When night fell it wasn't so easy. I guess I don't feel as safe when I'm sleeping in a house alone. I mean it's the same when I'm alone at my mums or at my dads, except that I'm more used to it I guess.

In any case I ended up doing a lot of stuff to make myself feel safe enough to sleep. And by stuff I mean I shut all the doors in the place (the only reason I didn't lock them is because I don't have a key), double locked the front door, made sure all our windows were closed, and then I locked myself in my bedroom (I have key for my bedroom).

And then I slept just fine. It's funny though, how you sometimes feel safer when you're in a smaller space? It's like you're in control of that space and all is well. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment