Sunday 8 September 2013

"Do you have time to speak of our Lord and Saviour?"

Yesterday I was just chilling with my friend and house mate in our apartment, when suddenly the doorbell rang. Assuming it was our friend who had come early we both went to open the door only to discover that it was, in fact, not her. Oh no.

It was two very nice looking ladies who asked us if they could ask us a few questions. We then assumed they were doing some kind of survey and agreed.

They were not doing a survey.

They asked us what we thought the cause of all suffering was (I answered war because I got embarrassed by the sudden pause of talking), and then one of them noticed that I was wearing a cross and asked me if I was religious.

Still not getting what on earth was going on I answered yes.

She then zeroed in on me, showing me her pamplets and quoting the Bible. She said a lot of stuff about salvation and "the meek shall inherit the earth", etc.

They then said goodbye, telling us that they might come by in a few weeks after we had read the pamplets in case we were interested.

Only after they had left did I read the title on the pamplets that I had been handed by the nice but slightly pushy lady.

Yeah they were Jehovahs Witenesses. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment