Wednesday 8 May 2013

Velvet, the obese cat

Velvet is my cat and he's my baby. I love him so much, and I am clearly on my way to becoming a crazy cat lady. To my eyes he is perfect, and I will not hear a word against him.

That being said...

We took Velvet to the vet about a week or so ago. Two weeks? I don't know. I'm not very good at evaluating the passage of time. Anyways we took him to the vets because he wasn't very clean (especially around his back legs... you get the picture), and he had lots and lots of knots in his fur. So the vet shaved off the knots, and cleaned up his backside. Other then that all went well.

So the vet hands him back to me and that's when she said those fatal words.

"Your cat is obese and he can't clean himself properly, not because he is lazy, but because he is literally, physically incapable of reaching his back legs. So you're going to have to do it for him".

My cat is obese. My cat is obese.

My cat is obese, and so now I have to wipe up his bum every day. The vet even gave me special soap to clean him up properly.

He's lucky that I love him so very very very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment