Wednesday 6 February 2013

Feeling Happy

Now I'll be the first person to admit that I'm not the most positive person in the world. In fact its pretty much the opposite, because I can be really pessimistic sometimes. Most of the time. Ok so maybe it's nearly all the time.

But every now and then I get a day where everything just feels good. In fact usually it's not even a day, but a few hours, or an evening.

I had a happy evening. I don't even know why. I just did. I got home from class around four, then I geeked on tumblr for an hour, then I decided to make muffins (again...).

But not just any muffins. Butterbeer muffins.

Fuck yeah.

So it took me two hours to make, because I had to make the buttermilk myself, and then I had to find a way to make icing without icing sugar, and yeah.

Totally worth it though.

And then because I'm a fucking loon I turned my music on really loud and I just danced really badly all my myself. You know how I mean, when you're really just jumping up and down, and waving your arms like you're a windmill, and kicking the air, and headbanging.

It looks like shit, but it's so much fun, and it's fucking liberating it really is.

So yeah I had a happy evening. I have no idea why I'm so happy this evening but hey I'm not going to complain. There's nothing nicer than being happy even if it's just for a little while. In fact that's what makes it feel so good. It's like taking a deep breath, and just feeling warm and safe and at peace.

My goal in life is to feel like this everyday. Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment