Tuesday 30 April 2013

Sad stories

You'd think we'd always avoid them wouldn't you? I mean where's the joy in watching or reading something sad, something that makes you cry?

And yet we all watch those movies or read those books.

Some of my very favourite stories are sad. And even now when I'm thinking about it I can't figure out why. I cry every time I watch Neverland, or read the Deathly Hallows, yet I read and watch them again and again.

It's strange don't you think? Is it human nature? Are we looking for an outlet, something that we're aloud to be sad about? Or are we just plain masochists enjoying the emotional pain?

I have no answers to any of these questions.

I watched a sad movie today. Well sad. More bittersweet. And I knew it was going to end the way it was, and I knew I was going to feel sad. But I watched it anyway.

We're funny creatures, humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment