Thursday 3 January 2013

Being the best

My cousin and I are secretly very competitive. It comes from being in our family. We want to be the best, we want to be on top.

We haven't been on top so far in life. We keep getting beaten by our other cousin who shall remain nameless on this blog just in case. You never know, she might find it. Her or someone else in the Family.

The horror.

But yes. My cousin and I. Competitive.

Ciosa is the black sheep and I'm the invisible one in the Family. You can see why we want to prove ourselves now can't you.

I don't think we're doing so well for the moment, but hey. We're young, we're working on it and we still have time. And I listen to her and she listens to me, and there's no snide comments between the two of us.

Snide comments and subtle critiques are something of a speciality in our family.

They can be very supportive don't get me wrong. But only if they think you deserve it. Or need it. And so my cousin and I don't always get the support that we want or need. Because the support needs to be won. And who always wins in our family?

The cousin who must not be named.

No comments:

Post a Comment