Sunday 13 January 2013

The adventures of Chloe the tired student

Huzzah the mouse is dead, and I'm home away from exams and the city!

I'm so tired now though. Like I'm properly exhausted. So I think that I'll just sleep until I have to go back to school. Sounds like a plan to me.

Seriously though the other day (that is to say Thursday evening after my very last exam) I thought I was going to die I was so tired. I got home to my apartment at around six and I pretty much decided that I was going to mess about on the Internet for an hour, have dinner, watch a film and go to bed.

So I started doing all of that (at this point I still didn't know if the mouse was dead or not, so I was being paranoid and jumping at every little sound I heard), and at nine thirty in the evening I was in bed watching howls moving castle on my computer and falling asleep.



And then suddenly someone tried to give me a heart attack by ringing the doorbell.

It was Eda who was bored and had therefore decided to come hang out with me. So I'm happy to see her despite my exhaustion and we chatted for about an hour, then she used my Internet for half an hour while I watched the end of my movie.

And that's when she turned to me and said : "I want to watch a film!" to which I responded with : "Um. Ok. Pick one out."

She picked the Brothers Grimm by Terry Gillem whom I love but it's nearly two hours long and it was already eleven.



Still we watched the movie.

And seeing as it ended at one in the morning I made Eda sleep over because I didn't want her walking home alone at night in a city. That's never a good idea.

So we shared my single bed which was actually fine. She doesn't kick like some other people that I know.

But hey it's not over yet! Because Eda bless her is one of those people who doesn't need twelve hours sleep. She woke up at SEVEN in the morning. SEVEN.

And then at eight o'clock she made me get up to go grocery shopping with her. And seeing as neither of us can drive we had to walk to the shops and then carry all of the groceries to her place.

Then I had to walk home to go see my concierge to ask him to help me move my fridge to see if the mouses body was there. It was. Also my concierge now thinks I'm an idiot girl who can do nothing by herself.
Whatever.

And then and only then was I able to catch my train, after which I proceeded to fall asleep and I almost missed my stop.

But now I'm home and I'll never leave my bed again. At least not until some bastard makes me.

1 comment: