Tuesday 1 January 2013

The angry vegetarian rant


I am very angry right now, so if the following makes no, or little sense that's why.

I am a vegetarian by principal, which basically means that I love animals very much, and so I can't face eating them. It's a personal choice, and I would never enforce it on anyone. I just don't eat meat because I support animal rights and don't want to abuse them in any way.

There are different types of vegetarians in this world of ours. There are the ones like me who decided to stop meat out of principal, and then there are those who stopped meat because it's fashionable (seriously I've met girls like this) or because they don't like meat. That's fine. No problems. Its all good.

So if I don't eat meat out of principal, that means that giving me anything made out of fur or animal skin as a gift is, in my opinion, very bad taste.

And if it had been by a person who didn't know me very well, or who maybe didn't know that the gift was made out of dead animal skin, then maybe I would just be a little upset, as opposed to furious.

My stepmother, who has been with my dad, and who has lived with us for about eight years gave me slippers made with a lamb skin outer lining.
And then was surprised when I was less than enthusiastic about them.

Now I did not explode in her face because I don't want to cause my dad any problems. But I didn't stay in the room and I am not going to wear those things.

This woman is supposed to know me to a certain extent. I guess she doesn't. And judging by the fact that neither my dad nor my brother made any remarks about this, I guess that they don't know me all that well either.

Ciosa, Tamar, Marissa and Séline (even if you are still mad at me or not) save me from my own home, and the people who love me there.

No comments:

Post a Comment