Tuesday 4 December 2012

Failing exams

A few weeks ago I had my very first major exam in law.
And as the title of this text post will tell you, I didn't do so well.

I failed, with only 25%. And it's not a pleasant feeling I can tell you that.

Anyways I held out until the end of the lesson, then I called my mum immediately after leaving the classroom.
I wasn't intending on being upset over the phone, but she could tell, and when she asked about my mark, I broke and just started crying.

I feel like a failure.

Not only that, I also feel stupid. And I'm wondering what the hell I'm doing in law school. I don't belong here, I say to myself. Go do something else. Something you stand a chance at. Something that you're good at.
And I get slapped in the face by the following question : what am I good at?

Oh shit.

Hello dark void of depression.

What am I good at? I'm not good at anything. At least not that I know of.
I'm not good at sports, or at school, or in art, or in anything. So what do I do?

Well for the moment I guess I'm just going to have no carry on and hope for the best. And maybe, just maybe, I might land on my feet.

Please God, don't let me be completely screwed.

1 comment:

  1. You is no tree but even a tree has a heart and soul. He's strong and happy just were he stands. For ever. You can be both. Stay, leave, move around, feel good. Feel good, good, good.

    ReplyDelete