Sunday 2 December 2012

The best friends a person could ask for

Everyone says that they have the best friends in the entire world, and I'm no different.
But then again I really do have some pretty awesome friends.

I'm not popular. I've never been popular, and lets be honest I probably never will be. I can count the number  of true friends I have on one hand. Maybe two if I'm feeling generous.
This has never mattered very much to me though, because I know that the friends I do have, they are people that I can trust completely. They won't stab me in the back, or tell the world about my secrets and fears. I can trust my friends with everything I own.

It gets lonely sometimes though. Why? Because out of my absolute top four favorite people in the world, not one, not even one, lives where I live. Two live in different countries. The other two live where I used to live before I went off to uni.
So I'm lonely and I miss them. So much that sometimes it even hurts.

And I'm scared. I'm scared that they'll forget about me, or that they'll replace me. I'm scared that they don't like me, the way that I like them. That for them I'm just a random friend, when for me they are so vital to my well-being.

We all need friends. And once I was told that we're all scared. We're all scared of being alone.

As human beings we all crave society to a certain extent, some more than others, but lets be honest here. Who here wants to be alone forever? With no friends, or family?
I don't. I'm terrified of being alone in that way. And the scariest thing for me is that right now in this period of my life I feel like I am.

Which is why my friends are the best in the world.

Right now as I am writing this I am on skype with one of my very best friends. And even though she lives pretty far away, she's looking out for me. She talks to me almost every day, and sometimes she turns on skype, not to talk, but just to give me company while I work. She makes sure that I'm eating alright, than I'm feeling ok, she asks me about my day.
I have another friend (well actually she's my cousin but whatever), who these past few weeks has been demanding regular information about how my life is going.
Another who is capable of making me laugh like a complete maniac, even when I'm in the darkest of moods.
And I have one who won't let me put myself down. Who makes me see myself in a positif light, even when all I feel like doing is putting myself down.

So yeah. I think it's safe to say that my friends are pretty damn awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment