Monday 3 December 2012

The importance of childhood toys

Toys are an important part in every childs life. We all have this one toy that we loved more than all the others, that one special toy that we can never forget, or leave behind completely.

I've had this one toy ever since I was born, a teddy in the shape of a light blue dolphin.


His name is Bob.
When I was little I couldn't sleep unless I had Bob.

Do you want a confession?
I still can't sleep without Bob.

Ever since I was a new born baby, up to my eighteen and a half year old self, I have never been able to sleep properly if Bob isn't there.

Bob is magical, and I love him a whole lot.

Now by magical, obviously I don't mean that he talks, and takes me on magical tours of the ocean with all his other magic dolphin friends.
He just has this amazing calming effect on me. So whenever I panic, or whenever I'm sad, or scared, or even angry, I just take him into my arms and breath in.
And it all goes away.


No comments:

Post a Comment