Sunday 2 December 2012

It's snowing

Today is the first sunday of december, and it's snowing.
Now normally I'm not a huge fan of snow. It's cold and wet, and when you live in a city or even a town it doesn't stay white and pretty very long.

But today we are in december, and I don't know. It feels like christmas I guess.
But here's the thing : I'm not all that fond of christmas either. Please don't throw things at me!

It's not that I hate christmas, or the christmas spirit. It's just for that for some reason I always get really depressed on christmas day.
I think it all goes back to Santa, and finding out that he wasn't real.
Now I was one those kids who really REALLY loved santa. He was the entire meaning of christmas. Not only that but I was a little kid I lived in a small village in Ireland, and everyone played along. Not one single person would have dared tell a kid that santa wasn't real.
Hell on christmas eve in Ireland there's a whole segment on santa's progression in the world on the news. Thats right. The evening news plays the game.

Santa was the deal deal.

And then I moved to France.
Long story short a bunch of french kids pointed their fingers at me and laughed for my stupidity and naive belief. That's one way to find out I guess.
Anyway once santa stopped existing Christmas lost it's point for me. And no matter what I do, on Christmas day I will always feel like shit.

But maybe not this year. Why not? Cause my little sister is four, and she's old enough to understand the concept of santa claus. And for me it's like believing all over again. I get to play the game, and yeah it's on the other side, but it's still the game. And I intend on enjoying it.

Oh and the person who laughs at my baby sister, and tells her santa doesn't exist? That person will suffer all the wrath that I wasn't able to inflict on those bastardly little french kids back in the day. I can promise you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment