Monday 3 December 2012

Work is hard


I am a very lazy person, and I would rather spend my entire day in my pyjamas and no make up watching my favourite television series on my computer, than do any work. At all.

Unfortunately I can't really do that. Because of life.

For instance I shouldn't be writing this right now. I am supposed to be working on university projects, and homework. I should be opening up my law books, and writing pages on fascinating law procedures.
But its so boring.
 Dear Lord, it is boring. Boring boring boring boring boring.

And I don't want to to do it. I really really don't.



But I have to work. We all have to work. And unfortunately, most of us hate it.

Now as I may or may not have mentioned it before, I live in France, and here's something you should know about the country : France one of the most stressed out and depressed countries in the world. Something like 21% of the population suffers from some form of depression.
And it's all part of the system. 

It starts young. In France you start getting marks on your "homework" from the age of five or six. And immediately you are told, and taught that you have to get good marks.

By the time you hit high school, the "weak" have been weeded out. And by "weak" I don't mean stupid or anything. Just not good at school, or not able to handle the pressure.
And it just keeps getting worse.

I'm in law school, and today I should be getting results from my first ever exam. I'm so scared that I've failed that I actually feel like I'm going to be sick. 
The worst part? I know that it's just going to get worse and worse, and harder and harder, until I break and I can't go on, and I give up.

In France the whole system is based on breaking you, on making you give up. They only want the strongest at the top. And then they wonder that 21% of the population needs happy pills.

So I don't want to work. Because it's so hard, and sometimes it just doesn't feel like it's worth it.
But hey I'll give it a shot. They haven't completely broken me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment