Thursday 13 December 2012

The Hobbit or the tale of the girl who had no friends

So I'm feeling a little sad right now. Yeah sorry. It's going to be one of those posts...
I apologise in advance.

Why am I feeling sad? You're all going to laugh at me for this, but here it goes.

The hobbit is out in a cinema near me tomorrow, which for ten solid minutes made me giddy with excitement. And then I realised, there's not one person that I can think of to come with me. Not one.

Is that sad or what?

It's like all of a sudden I've realised that I have no friends. Well that's not quite true. I don't have no friends, it's just that most of them live fairly far away. And nearby, I have one friend that I see on a regular basis, and two others that I see, what, once every two months?

So why don't I ask one of these three people to come with me? Well two of them are currently out of town (naturally), and the other I'm afraid to ask. I don't want to seem needy. Also I don't even know if she likes the hobbit.

So I guess I'll just go alone. Great. Just great.

Quite possibly one my favorite scenes from the book. I hope they do it justice.

Oh and to all of you who would suggest that I wait for my two other friends to come back home, I say the following : it's the Hobbit! I've been waiting all year for this moment! I have to go. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment